Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pulling Up, Crawling, and Other "Big Girl" Things!

We FINALLY have a crawler!! For the past few months, Kacie has been the champion of army crawling on her stomach. She would maybe do 1-2 crawling "steps," but then she would just drop to her tummy and take off. Well, one night last week while we were playing, she just started crawling across the living room to Jason's computer. I grabbed my phone just in time to get it on video. Yea!!!
 
Since this video, she has gotten so much faster! She pretty much crawls everywhere now. If we act like we are going to chase her, she will squeal and go back to the army crawl. 

Kacie has also been trying so hard to pull up on things, but hadn't had much success. Well, here's my big girl the first time she pulled up on something (besides us) all by herself!!
A few days later, I saw this one morning on the monitor. I ran in with the camera before she could sit down. I practically blinded her, that's why she has such a funny face. Needless to say, that day Jason lowered the crib mattress.
She has been climbing on everything ever since.

Here's a cute outfit she wore to church. I was disappointed because the one with the best smile had her shirt up, and Jason didn't tell me!
This is the toddler/pre-school playground that night at church. Kacie was crawling around and "playing" with her friends Macey & Andie. She looks so big standing up right here!
I went to lunch on MLK day (no school) with one of my dear friends Lindsey and her 3 month old daughter Harper. I actually met Lindsey when I was a freshman in college and she was in 6th grade. I was her counselor at youth camp, and we kept our relationship growing every since. Unfortunately, Harper slept in her carseat the whole time, so I didn't get to hold her or get any pictures. :( This is what Kacie wore. While I was trying to get a good picture, she was squealing and holding up her arms. Then just dropped back against the chair as if to say, "Ok, it's exhausting being this cute!"
Another thing my "big girl" likes to do now is hold her own bottle.
One more cute picture....if there's a remote ANYWHERE, Miss Kacie will find it. Guaranteed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment