Friday, February 24, 2012

11 MONTHS!!

One more month until my baby's a year old. She has been learning so much the past month.
What Kacie's been doing this month:
  • She gives hugs & kisses. 
  • She makes the "more" sign. (SO CUTE!)
  • She is eating baby food for her "main" meals, but she has eaten bits and pieces of table food. She especially loves fruit-watermelon, apples, grapes, and cantaloupe.
  • She had her first taste of (watered-down) baby apple juice and gulped it down like nobody's business!
  • She definitely lets us know what she wants by pointing to EVERYTHING. She especially likes looking at the pictures of our friends and family on the refrigerator.
  • She wrinkles up her nose when laughing, and it's so funny.
  • Almost every day I am finding another word that she understands. Most of these things I found out by accident. For example, one day when I got her up from a nap, I said,"Kacie, you took off your sock!" She promptly bent down and picked up her sock and gave it to me. I've found out several other words that way.  Some other words she understands are: hug, kiss, more, light, sock, blanket, ball, baby, book, nose, hair, foot, and doggie, hi, bye-bye, and eat.
  • She still has an ear infection. BOO! Hopefully this round of antibiotics will finally do the trick.
  • The only words she actually says are "dada" and "uh-oh." Other than that, she makes all kinds of sounds and tones. I can't wait until I know what she's saying!
  • She loves for us to chase her when she is crawling. 
  • She loves to be outside.
  • She has started pushing a walker that a friend gave us.
  •  She is still wearing her 9 month clothes, but I'm getting 12 month for anything new. I did have to get some 12 month footie pajamas, because the others were just about too short.
  • Every time the phone rings, she says, "Dada!" even if he is sitting right in the living room with us. I think she gets used to hearing daddy's voice on speaker phone.
  • She is great at entertaining herself. She will sit on the living room floor and look at her books or play for a while. We love to watch her, because she can be so funny. It's also nice to be able to get a few things done when she's playing by herself. 
  • I mentioned this in another post, but when we are eating, she always crawls up to us and "begs" for food. 
And as always, here are some of the attempts at the 11 month pictures. 


No comments:

Post a Comment