Wednesday, May 25, 2011

2 Months Old!

Wow, time sure does fly. I always hear moms say that and it is so true!!

One issue I've had lately is Kacie's not sleeping during the day.  The past few weeks, she has stopped napping. That girl will NOT go to sleep! Some days, she just cat naps all day (20-30 min at a time). Some days she MIGHT sleep for an hour, but most days, she stays awake all day. The good thing is she sleeps well at night, but I know she's tired during the day. Sometimes she'll fall asleep in my arms, but as soon as I try to move her to her bassinet, crib, a blanket, or the swing, she wakes up immediately. Sometimes she'll sleep a couple of hours, but only in the swing. She doesn't cry, she's just AWAKE! We've been swaddling her at night, because she flails those arms around so much and always wakes herself up. One night, she slept 9 hours straight!! I couldn't believe it when I woke up in the morning and realized she hadn't woken up all night. She hasn't done it again, but I hope it's the beginning of sleeping through the night. I just want the napping situation to get better.

Here are some things about Miss Kacie this month:
  • She started sleeping in her crib at night this week. So far, everything is going smoothly. She has been sleeping 6-8 hours straight, so I definitely can't complain.
  • As I mentioned above, she refuses to nap, but hopefully that's a "phase."
  • She is a really happy baby. She just smiles so much!
  • She is finally wearing her 0-3 month clothes & size 1 diapers. 
  • At her 2 month check up, she weighed 11 pounds, 13 ounces and measured 22 1/2 inches long (although I think she's longer than that).
  • She's still very impatient when she's hungry, but other than that she hardly ever cries.
  • She loves to look in mirrors.
  • She can hold her head up when we hold her on our shoulder. She can lift it up when she's on her tummy, but usually she won't! When we put her on her tummy, she just lays there and smiles.
  • She is starting to "talk" alot more! I love hearing all her little noises.
We were supposed to go to the doctor yesterday for her 2 month check up, but my car wouldn't start! So we rescheduled for this morning.  She was such a trooper and only cried for a few minutes after her vaccinations (3 shots in the leg, and 1 liquid).

Here is her 2 month "photo shoot." 
 Staring intently at my purse while I finished getting ready
Happy 2 months, little princess! We love you so much!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment