Saturday, June 18, 2011

Busy week!

Kacie is 12 weeks this week, and we were busy, busy, busy! We did something almost every day.

Monday we went to my mom's house to visit for a while, just to get out of the house. Tuesday was mom's birthday. She came over and we went to lunch, then went on Kacie's first trip to Target. She was good the whole day, and hardly fussed at all!
 Later that night we met my dad for dinner. Jason couldn't join us, because he was working.
Asleep at first....
Now ready to play!
Here's some play time the next morning.
Here she is chillin' while I got ready.
Then I took Kacie to meet my friends Courtney, Shannon, Ashley, and Courtney's daughter Tenley for swimming! I've known these girls since they were in high school. I was their camp counselor one year, and we just continued a friendship after that. Kacie got 2 swim suits from showers that she's never worn. That Wednesday morning, I tried them both on her, and neither one fit! One was too big, and the other was too small. So I just decided she could swim in a onsie, since she wouldn't be in the water that long. She had started fussing right when we got there, but calmed down immediately as soon as she got in the water. She loves baths, so I was hoping she would love getting in the pool. 
When we got out of the pool after about 15 minutes, I changed her back into regular clothes, and she immediately fell asleep. She slept almost 2 hours in her carseat. I didn't have anything else to put her in. I couldn't believe she napped that long! We need to go swimming every day! :) Later at home, we decided to get out the Bumbo seat since Kacie can really hold her head up well. At first she just looked at us, then we got a HUGE smile (with her tongue out of course!)
Play time later
Thursday morning-a little play time before another fun filled day (notice the tongue pictures!)
Thursday we had a playdate with our best friends! We were going to Leanne's house to play with Nathan, Carter, Tyler, Grayson, and Jake. Kacie is the only girl in this bunch! Well, of course, Kacie chose this day to take a 2 hour nap. We were supposed to meet at 9:30, but she slept until 10, and then we had to eat. So we were late getting over there. I was glad she slept, but I was eager to go get some time with our friends. 
Heather & Kacie
 Leanne & Carter
 Auntie Danielle with Kacie & Jake
 Kacie driving her first car
 The babies! Grayson-born March 7, Kacie-born March 24, Nathan-born April 22
 Then Tyler wanted to lay down with the babies
Even though we were busy keeping up with three babies and three 2-year-olds, it was a great time just catching up on "mommy time." Hope we're able to do it again soon.
A few more play time pictures


That Saturday, we decided to leave Kacie in the church nursery for the first time. So far, we've taken her with us to our Life Group class each week. I wasn't nervous as far as other people taking care of her, I was more concerned with her "behaving" and not fussing too much. 
Well, she went in just fine, but we had to go get her when class was almost over. She started crying when she finished her bottle and just wouldn't stop. As soon as I picked her up, she calmed down and was all smiles. So, we'll just have to keep trying.

So, that's the end of our busy week. I prefer these types of weeks to just staying at home all day, every day. So thankful for family and friends to share our lives with!!


No comments:

Post a Comment