Monday, December 24, 2012

21 Months

Happy 21 Months Little Princess!
 I keep a calendar to jot things down each month that Kacie says and does. My December calendar is FULL of stuff, so I guess I'll get started:
  • She started asking these 2 questions NON-STOP! "Where _______ go?" (insert Mommy, Daddy, Grandma, Grandpa, Minnie, Baby, or any other person or toy in the blank), and "What doin' Mama?" 
  • She now says "Thank you" on her own, which I love! She also says it when she hands something to you.
  • She has added "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes" to her favorite songs. She also sings "Now I know my ABCs" over and over.
  • She is very interested in the potty. We let her sit on it sometimes, but she hasn't ever actually used it. I'm not sure when we will start potty training, but I know she's learning alot from the bigger kids at Mrs. Karen's house.
  • We taught her to say her full name "Kacie Wichert," and it is so cute when she says it.
  • She identifies all the letters in Kacie, even when they're not in order. 
  • When she hears an airplane, truck, dog, or other loud sound, she leans over, puts her hand on her ear and says, "Listen." It cracks us up.
  • She counts 1-5 pretty regularly without skipping any numbers. (By counting, I mean saying the numbers, not actually counting things. Although she does count the numbers as she points to stuff, it's just not necessarily the correct amount.)
  • When she wants to get by or sit where we are sitting, she pushes our leg and says, "Move over Mommy/Daddy." It is really funny, but we are teaching her to say " please" with it.
  • When she hears a crash, bang, or if we groan/yell in pain, or any other unhappy sound, she runs in and says, "What happened?" 
  • One of the negative things she has picked up is saying, "I don't want_______." It ranges from something on her plate ("I don't want peas/bread/rice/chicken") to what she's wearing ("I don't want jacket/shoes/socks/pants"). Sometimes it's about what she doesn't want to do ("I don't want eat. I don't want outside. I don't want night-night.") And sometimes it's completely random. She will run up and say, "I don't want red" and then run away.
  • She LOVES all the Christmas decorations, and wants to turn on the tree lights immediately when she goes in the living room in the morning or when we get home from somewhere.
  • She has really been playing with her dolls and animals. She loves to feed them, put them to bed, push them in the stroller, and it's really cute because I LOVED my dolls when I was growing up.
  • Her favorite "game" is this: She lays on a pillow on the living room floor (that she pulls off the couch). Then she says, "Cover up" so we put a blanket on her. Then she lays there for a minute and jumps up and says, "Morning! I'm awake!" Repeat these steps one million times. Sounds like so much fun, I know! Here are a few pics of her playing this "game." 
  • She still loves "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" the best, and even wants to watch 2 certain episodes over and over again.  ("Mickey Santa" and "Minnie Jammies" is what she calls them).
  • She is wearing 18 mo, 24 mo, and 2T clothes and 6 & 7 in shoes. 
I could go on and on, because like most moms, I think my child is brilliant! But seriously, I am just amazed at all she's soaking up and learning. And she is just so entertaining. I could just sit and watch her all day. I know Christmas is going to be really fun with her the next few days. 

We took these pictures when we got home from Christmas Eve service at church, so she's all dressed up! As usual, it took several tries to get one good shot!
 
Other side
Jason is having a little "talk" with her 
 It worked for about 10 seconds!

Happy 21 months Kacie Lynn!!


No comments:

Post a Comment