Monday, October 3, 2011

Visit to the Aboretum

I did not have school today, so Kacie and I went to the Dallas Arboretum with my mom. I had only been there 2 times,  and the last time was 4 years ago. I was excited to take pictures of Kacie and all the beautiful flowers. I was also looking forward to getting the obligatory "pumpkin patch" pictures that everyone always takes. (I was also dying for her to wear this adorable outfit from my friend Stefanie!)

This was our first attempt at a picture by the pumpkins. There was so much to look at, we had a hard time getting Kacie to look at the camera. After a few shots, she started to cry. I thought maybe she didn't like sitting on the ground.
Another pumpkin shot...didn't like the hay either, so I had to sit with her
Pic with Grandma
A house made of pumpkins
Tired after looking at all those pumpkins
When she woke up, her head was sweaty from being in the stroller, so we found a shady place on the grass to stop and play for a while. There was a nice breeze, so everyone got to cool off. We practiced sitting, and she sat up by herself longer than she ever had before!
Attempts at a mother/daughter shot
On our way out, I wanted to try go get a smiling pumpkin shot. There were pumpkins lining the sidewalks, so I thought maybe she would like it better sitting on a blanket on the sidewalk, instead of the hay and bark from the pumpkin patch. Nope. She immediately started crying when I sat her down, so I went to sit with her again.
We had a really great day! My parents have a membership at the Arboretum, so we hope to take many more trips as it gets cooler.

No comments:

Post a Comment