Thursday, July 26, 2012

16 Months

Wow! These months are flying by! This month was full of Mommy & Kacie play time. I am loving being home with her SO much. Since we were in Arkansas on the 24th, I didn't get around to taking her pictures until the 26th. We didn't go anywhere that day, so she's not really dressed up.



Here are some things about my little princess this month:
  • Her vocabulary is still growing so much. She is repeating almost everything we say, and we added "please" and "thank you" to her signs. 
  • She makes animal sounds for dog, cow, sheep, snake, monkey, horse, lion/tiger/bear/dinosaur (all the same- "roar"!), and bee.
  • She started (sometimes) telling me when she has a dirty diaper. Last week, she came up to me kind of bent over, pointing to her diaper, and said, "bi-puh" (diaper). I asked her if I need to change her diaper, and she said uh-huh. I could not believe it! She's done it several times since then, and not one false alarm. 
  • Her favorite foods are chicken, carrots, and any fruit! The only thing she hasn't liked that we have given her so far are mashed potatoes and zucchini (well, my mom gave that to her). Otherwise, she eats everything put in front of her!
  • She is constantly dancing and clapping. 
  • Her favorite shows are still "Fresh Beat Band" and "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse."  She also likes "Super Why" and "Doc McStuffins." She doesn't really sit and watch (except for FBB), but she'll play and look at the tv every once in a while while those shows are on.  She squeals and claps when she hears the theme songs for them. 
  • She likes to dip her meat in ranch.  
  • She still loves books. Sometimes if I can't find her for a minute, I'll go and find her sitting on the floor in her room with a book in her lap. So sweet!
  • She is talking so much more, and obviously having whole conversations with us....I just wish I knew what she was saying!! 
  • She is wearing 12 & 18 month clothes, 5 & 6 shoes, and 3 & 4 diapers. She's kind of in between sizes.
  • She still takes 2 naps, but we will be transitioning to on over the next month before school starts. 
  • She hugs and kisses EVERYTHING-including toys, chairs, walls, the floor, her own shoe, you get the picture. It's really funny! She also makes the kiss noise for all these, but when she kisses us, we still get the sweet little open-mouth kiss. 
  • When we say "Go Rangers!" she says, "Yea!" and raises her arms up. So cute!
Here are her other pics from the "photo shoot."
 This is her "Go Rangers" picture
 This is the same day. She loves to play with our Mickey & Minnie bobble heads from our Honeymoon in Orlando. Their mouths are magnetic, and they kiss when you put them together.
Well, that's all for now! I can't believe how big she is! This summer is flying by and I am loving every minute of being home with my princess.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment