Thursday, July 11, 2013

Beginning of July

Our July was very busy! Here's a quick summary of the 2 weeks before we left for California.
Being silly and "going to sleep" on a pile of laundry
 Our art project one day
 Washing her animals
 Playing with the hose
This was the first time in several years that we did not have plans for the 4th of July. The Owens now live in California, and the Tylers were out of town. I had already bought Kacie an outfit, so of course we had to go somewhere to show it off! We went to eat at Scotty P's. I had asked on Facebook for suggestions of places to go to see fireworks, and several people mentioned Firewheel Mall. We headed over there after we ate. They had a few booths and activities set up, so we walked around for a little bit. Then everything was closing to get ready for the fireworks, BUT they wouldn't be for over an hour. Kacie was getting antsy, so we decided not to sit around for an hour and just came home. Kind of anti-climactic, but it was still fun. So Kacie still has not seen fireworks in her 2 years, but maybe next year!
 My little mini-me
 Daddy's Girl
 Family shot (taken by a girl who happened to be my first friend in Texas when we first moved to Garland in 4th grade. She lived across the street. We just happened to bump into each other at the mall!)
Happy Birthday America!
My little painter
 The finished product
Trying to get a good picture before church
 Fun at the pool
 Turning on the water for the splash park
 Time for a snack
Playdate with Tenley (my friend Courtney's daughter) at McDonald's
 "Look at me, Mommy!"
 Kacie & Tenley-Tenley is a little older than Kacie. I can't remember by how many months, but I told Courtney I was pregnant at her baby shower.
This was the day before we left for California, and I was in Kacie's room packing her stuff. She wanted to play in her bed, so after gathering up all those animals and dolls, I put her in there. She played in there for an HOUR. I am not exaggerating! I got so much done!
We left for California the next day! More on that in the next few posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment