Friday, July 22, 2011

17 Weeks & Nap Udate

On Monday, I had lunch with 2 of my favorite teachers of all time. Mrs. Terri Dirik (6th grade social studies) and Mrs. Lori McGill (7th & 8th grade Spanish). I really loved them and their classes, and I babysat their kids all through middle school and high school. We reconnected through Facebook. I didn't get a picture of Kacie at the restaurant, but this is what she wore!
Here are more pictures from the same day, once we were back home.
Wednesday, we went to visit my friend Gail. Gail was a friend from high school, but we really got close in college in San Marcos. She was an "honorary bridesmaid" in our wedding, because she had a baby 3 days before and obviously couldn't be there. She now has 3 kids-Luke (6), Loran (3), and Levi (2). We had a good visit and Kacie loved watching the big kids run around the living room. But...no pictures, except this one when we were getting ready to go.
Here are some where we were just being funny one morning. We are training her early! haha!
And because I LOVE it when she "talks," here are 2 videos of her just jabbering away to herself. This is my favorite sound in the whole world.
(I'm SUCH a first time mom, aren't I?!)
 
This one is upside down. I don't know how to fix it, and it's not upside down in my phone. 

Now for the nap update: For the most part, things are going SO well! Usually, Kacie takes 3 naps a day. Sometimes they're 2 hours, sometimes 45 min, but we're working on that. Most of the time she just talks to herself for a few minutes and rolls over on her side, and goes to sleep. We've had a few rough days where she just threw a fit at every nap, but most days are pretty easy. Bedtime is around 8:30, and for the most part, she goes down pretty easily as well. Her morning wake times are different almost every day, and that's why it's hard to have a schedule with consistent times. Basically, if she wakes up before 7:00, she eats and goes back to sleep until about 9:30. If she wakes up after 7:00, she eats, but then I keep her up to begin the "eat, awake, sleep" cycle. That puts her first nap around 9:00. But I'm very happy about the progress! Yea! Our little pumpkin will be 4 months on Sunday. So until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment