Friday, August 19, 2011

Back to School

This week I had to go back to school for inservice week. The students start on Aug. 22. It was really tough getting back in the habit of getting up early. But what was even harder was getting everything ready for myself, AND getting everything ready for Kacie. After sleeping until 6:30/7:00 almost all summer, Kacie chose this week to start waking up in the middle of the night at 3 or 4 to eat. So, you can bet I have been SOOOO tired this week, and school hasn't even started yet.

Kacie will be staying with my mom 1 day a week, and with my friend Amy the other 4 days. This week was the first time she had ever stayed with someone other than my parents. I wasn't nervous about Amy taking care of her, I was just worried that all the work we had done on naps this summer would be destroyed and she wouldn't nap for Amy. Well, of course everything was fine. She has reverted back to the short 45 minute naps, though, so that makes it tough to keep a consistent schedule. Hopefully she'll get into more of a routine in the next few weeks as she gets used to all the changes. Also, Amy has two kids, ages 1 & 2, so Kacie will have plenty of entertainment, and will be crawling around chasing them before we know it!
Amy sent this picture to me on Monday, the first day she kept Kacie.
Jason sent me this picture Tuesday morning before he took her to Amy's
Here's some cuddle time with mommy after school
These are some pictures Grandma took on Wednesday
More playtime with mommy in the evening
 Bathtime!
 We haven't started solids with Kacie yet, but I read somewhere that you should let babies play with a spoon before you try to feed them so they can get used to it. So I was putting it in her mouth in the bathtub, and she was making the funniest faces. She finally grabbed it and chomped away while I was washing her, but here is her initial reaction.
Sweet girl getting ready for bed
Thursday night we had dinner with my Aunt Brenda, Uncle Jackie, my parents, and my cousin Jordan with Kathryn & Hannah. (We could NOT get her to look at the camera!)
Friday, Jason didn't have to work, so he kept Kacie home with him all day. These are the pictures he took. He was having too much fun playing dress up!
One last picture-here's my bulletin board outside my classroom
I'm going to go enjoy my last weekend of summer vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment