Saturday, September 10, 2011

Baby Dedication

At our church, we don't do baby baptisms. We believe every child has to make their own choice to follow the Lord when they are old enough to understand. We do, however, have a baby dedication ceremony. This is when we as parents give our child to the Lord, and promise before the church to raise her in a Christian home. It's a really neat thing, and I've sat and watched many many friends dedicate their babies over my years at Lake Pointe. I was so excited to finally be able to participate myself! Here are some pictures of this special event:
Mommy & Kacie all dressed up
 Our little family
 Grandma & Grandpa
 Hanging out at dinner after church
When we went to our orientation meeting a week before, we got to pick out a life verse for Kacie out of a binder full of special verses. I (we) chose Proverbs 3:5-6, because that is one of my favorite verses. When we were on stage at church, Pastor Steve read this verse to Kacie.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and he shall direct your paths."

Note: My mom took a few pictures while we were on stage, so I'll add them as soon as I get them off her camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment