Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving-Part 1

My family has a lake house in Hot Spring, Arkansas. My parents built it when I was a baby. My brother, his wife, and their son now live near Memphis, Tennessee. Hot Springs is almost exactly in the middle of here and TN (about 4 hours for all of us), so my parents decided we would do Thanksgiving at the lake house so we could all be together. Because of Brent's work schedule, we weren't doing actual Thanksgiving dinner until Saturday. Jason, Kacie, and I loaded up and drove to Hot Springs on Thursday (Thanksgiving day). I didn't know how Kacie's first road trip would go, and I was so stressed out about packing, but it all turned out just fine.

We left about 10 am, right at nap time. Well, that little stinker never did fall asleep, so we finally stopped for lunch at Whataburger.
After lunch, she fell asleep immediately, and slept the rest of the way. This is a picture of a happy Grandma when we finally arrived.
We had a fun evening playing with Kacie and relaxing with my parents. Kacie had a lot of trouble falling asleep the first night, and woke up multiple times during the night. Here she is snuggling with daddy in the morning. 
 Here we are outside on the deck that overlooks the lake.
 Shopping trip to finish up last minute Thanksgiving details
 Some squirrels had chewed a hole in the roof of the house and were getting inside, so dad and Jason had fun "squirrel hunting."
 Where Kacie ate during the weekend
 She LOVED the wood floors in the kitchen. After she discovered them the first night, she was always heading over there. She would grin and giggle as she scooted and slid across the floor.
 Taking a bath in the sink....the same place I took baths 33 years ago!
 All snuggled up
We had a few relaxing days of playing, shopping, watching tv, playing cards, and enjoying family.

No comments:

Post a Comment