Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving-Part 2

On Saturday Brent, Cassandra, and Ben arrived for Thanksgiving! I hadn't seen them since the babies were born. I was excited to see my little nephew, and see Kacie and Ben together. Ben is 5 weeks older than Kacie, and they had only been together once back in April.

This is when they first arrived and Ben was a little shy.
 The whole family
 Cousins checking each other out
 
 Look at that sweet face!
 Ben & Auntie Seana
 The proud papas
 Jason sacked out after lunch
 More play time
 Ben was sticking out his tongue and Kacie kept touching it. They were both giggling. It was so cute!
 Uh-oh!
This was another funny moment. Kacie was eating an apple in her mesh feeder and Ben crawled over and took it from her. They then passed it back and forth several times. Very entertaining!
 Kacie got it back...
 Now Ben has it again...
We had all these visions of great family pictures with all of us, but it is really hard to get 2 babies to look and smile at the same time. Also, it was nap time for Kacie, so she was getting really grumpy. None of the pictures turned out great, but they are still good memories.
Proud Grandma with both of her babies
 Both Grandparents
My brother & me with our kids
 The Wicherts
 This was the best we could get after SEVERAL attempts
 By this time, Kacie had had ENOUGH!
Everyone had such a great time. This may become our new Thanksgiving tradition. I wish we could have spent more than a few hours together, but I am thankful it all worked out.

One last thing I wanted to do in Arkansas was take family pictures for our Christmas card. I thought the scenery outside would be really pretty. Here are the girls before we went outside. ( I need to add it was COOOOLD!)
 Playing with Daddy
 This turned out great!!!
 She was really going to town on my necklace.
 Kacie loves her Grandparents!
 My sweet girl
 Three Generations....of course Kacie had to do her signature face!
 I thought it would be cute to get some of her sitting in the leaves.
 You had to know this would happen....
 Grabbing for the toy we were using to get her to smile
 After the pictures, we loaded up and headed home. This time Kacie took 2 naps on the way home. This one I thought was cute because she's holding her toy while she sleeps.
And that about sums up Kacie's first Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment